- Waste Transfer Station
- Recycling and Waste Collection
- New or Replacement Bin
- Green and Hard Waste Collection
Brighton Council Waste Transfer Station
The Waste Transfer Station is currently operating as normal during the COVID-19 situation.
131 Cove Hill Road
Bridgewater TAS 7030
Fri – Mon from 8.30am to 4.30pm
Tues – Thurs – CLOSED
Christmas Day and Good Friday – CLOSED
Waste Transfer Station Charges
To view Brighton Council’s Waste Transfer Station Charges for the current Financial Year, please visit Fees and Charges.
Waste Oil Collection Facility
Brighton Council operate a bunded oil recycling facility located at the Waste Transfer Station. The purpose of the bunded oil recycling facility is to:
- Encourage recycled oil collection at the Waste Transfer Station
- Increase the service provision to the general community of the type and nature of services to the waste management facility in general; and
- Protect our local environment, including the Derwent and Jordan Rivers
Household Waste and Recycling
Brighton Council continues to offer fortnightly kerbside garbage and recycling bin collections during the COVID-19 situation.
Click here to see a map of what area and day your garbage collection is.
2020 collection dates can be obtained here.
Please ensure your bins are at the kerbside ready for collection by 6am on your day of service.
Here are some tips on reducing household waste during COVID-19
Please click here for simple guidelines on recycling:
Items That Can Be Collected:
- Milk cartons (washed)
- Glass bottles (washed)
- Aluminium and Steel cans
- PET and HDPE plastic bottles
- Recyclable products are only collected if placed in the Council marked recycling bin.
Items which cannot be collected:
- Car batteries
- Engine oil
- Cooking oil
- Soiled paper (eg dirty nappies)
- Soiled cardboard items (eg pizza boxes)
- Plastic bags
Please click here for an A-Z of Recycling
If recycling is not collected because it does not comply with requirements, a sticker detailing reasons will be attached to your recycle bin. Please dispose of these items in your wheelie bin. However, car batteries, engine oil and paints can be recycled if taken to the Waste Transfer Station.
For more information on collection days, missed collections or replacing a recycle bin phone the Brighton Council Customer Service on (03) 6268 7000.
To request a new or replacement waste or recycling container please download, complete and return this form or contact Brighton Council Customer Service on (03) 6268 7000 between 8.15am and 4.45pm (Mon – Fri). There may be a fee associated with this replacement.
Signed and completed forms may be returned by emailing them to email@example.com or by mail to:
1 Tivoli Road
Old Beach TAS 7017
If you are the tenant of the property, the owner/property manager is required to complete and sign this form as there may be some additional costs involved with the replacement of the bins
Council offers a delivery service for new and replacement garbage and recycle bins every Wednesday.
Brighton Council offers a FREE Green and Hard Waste collection service to help residents dispose of unwanted items* and green waste. This service is free for residents who currently receive a kerbside rubbish collection.
Green/Hard waste collections are done on the first Tuesday of June and December each year.
* Please note that vehicle tyres, fridges, freezers and mattresses are no longer accepted as part of these collections. All these items can be taken to the Waste Transfer Station for a fee.
How to get your Green/Hard Waste collected:
- Waste must be placed on the nature strip the night before collection is due
- Items must be able to be lifted by two men
- All hard waste items must not exceed two metres in length
- All items such as tree branches and cuttings must be tied in 20kg or less bundles and a maximum of 1.5m in length and 20cm in diameter
- Loose materials must be bagged
- Items such as rubble, soil, rocks and concrete will not be collected
- HARD WASTE AND GREEN WASTE ARE TO BE KEPT SEPARATE
- Total volume of items must not exceed 2m3.
- Please do not endanger Council Staff by leaving broken glass, asbestos and chemicals out for collection (these items will also not be collected).
Bookings are not required.
If you have waste to be collected please place the waste outside on your nature strip the night before the collection is due. For more information, please contact the Brighton Council on (03) 6268 7000.
Remember, this service is only available to residents who currently receive kerbside collection.